© All CONTENT & PHOTOGRAPHS G.J. VERSPUI 2013 ©
Unless stated otherwise.
For viewing the photos in a bigger size, just click on them
I had to go to Chad, Africa for more then 5 months in the end of October, so we went on a 2 week holiday to Tuscany, Italy in the beginning of the same month.
Except for the last day we had very nice holiday weather for the whole stay, temperatures were between 22'Celcius and 28'Celcius, so we even had some swimming moments.
During our stay we visited the cities: Firenze(Florence), Siena, San Gimignano, Montepulciano and some other smaller vilages in the area, on the other days we enjoyed being outside and we went to some hot-springs.
And even in this very big family holiday plann I still found some chances to do some herping.
Around Castel del Piano I did most of the small searches, Western Whip Snakes and Common Wall Lizards were the most seen species, other species we saw were Green Frogs, Western Green Lizards, Aesculapian Snakes (most of them DOR), Smooth Snake (DOR),an Italian Wall Lizard and one Asp Viper, unfortunatly the Asp Viper was gone before I could take a photo.
1. Green Frogs - Pelophylax species
2. Common Wall Lizard - Podarcis muralis
3. Italian Wall Lizard - Podarcis siculus
4. Western Green Lizard - Lacerta bilineata
5. Western Whip Snake - Hierophis viridiflavus
6. Aesculapian Snake - Zamenis longissimus
7. Smooth Snake - Coronella austriaca (DOR)
8. Asp Viper - Vipera aspis